(Click here to view the guidelines as a PDF file.)
As a follow-up to our last update, we have been in close communication with the CDC and County Health Department and State agencies. As the situation develops, we will continue to closely coordinate with local and state agencies to provide you with further updates as they become available. We will also continue to update our website to keep you informed.
Even as more people are vaccinated and governmental restrictions are loosened, we believe it is essential to remain vigilant. The safety of our children, their families, and our staff is our first and most important priority.
Our staff members have been fully vaccinated. We are monitoring the changing governmental guidelines. The Covid-19 pandemic has been a challenge for our global community but working together we will persevere. We recognize the virus is still out there and it is important for us to remain vigilant. Working together and following the safety measures being put in place, we can create a safe and healthy environment. We will continue to keep you informed in our community of how best to keep our children healthy as the seasons change.
These revised measures and procedures are a result of reviewing all information we receive is from CDC, San Mateo County Health Department, and the California Department of Public Health. Foster City Preschool and Day Care Center is licensed by the State of California. We set up guidelines according to the information we receive from theses agencies. It is subject to change, as Covid-19 conditions can shift rapidly.
Measures We Are Taking At The Preschool
Our current guidelines are:
- Our current policy is masks are optional for everyone indoors and outdoors. We encourage face masks for all staff, parents, and children who are on the premise. It is very important to provide a safe environment for everyone. From time to time, we may have to make changes to meet the needs as they arise.
- Install Air Purification Systems in each classroom which will clean the air.
- Placed Hand Sanitizers near the entrance of every room to ensure all who enter (staff, parents, children) clean their hands. Please supervise child using the sanitizer.
- Purchased Touchless Thermometers so we can check the temperature of everybody as needed (staff and children).
- Implemented Disinfection routines so that all classrooms, administration office, and playground are disinfected multiple times per day.
- All children will wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time throughout the day. All children are taught to reinforce covering for coughs and sneezes to help individuals from getting and spreading infectious diseases including Covid-19.
- The parent will sign-in their child and then leave. Be sure the teacher has acknowledged your child before leaving.
- If a child has a fever, the child will not be admitted to school. Parents should always be on the alert for signs of illness in their child. The child should be kept home when sick. A child may return to school after being symptom free for 24 hours without medication and a negative Covid test is presented.
- When a child shows signs of illness at school, parents will be notified to pick up child from school. A child may return to school after being symptom free for 24 hours without medication and a negative Covid test is presented.
- If a child tests positive for Covid, it will be necessary to stay home for at least 5 days and return to school with a negative Covid test taken on the 5th day, a note from the doctor and wear a face mask for 10 days. Check with your child's doctor and follow the doctor's orders.
- The classrooms will be disinfected. All areas touched frequently will be disinfected and cleaned daily as needed on doorknobs, light switches, all sink handles, toilet handles, countertops, mats, toilets, tables, chairs and toys. Children use tissue on the handle to flush the toilet..
- We have adequate air circulation. Each classroom will open the windows and each door and each classroom has an air purifier that will be used to clear the air. The indoor environment will be extended outside as much as possible, weather permitting.
- Should someone else be picking up your child from school, please review the safety measures with them for their protection and others. The teacher will get the child ready for dismissal from school.
- The outdoor equipment and outdoor toys will be disinfected by the staff after each group's use during the morning and afternoon activities. The outdoor equipment and outdoor toys will be disinfected by the staff after each group's use during the morning and afternoon activities.
- Our Janitorial Service will clean and disinfect nightly all frequently used surfaces and will use a fogger with a spray mist to disinfect the classrooms to be ready for the next day. The carpets will be cleaned monthly.
Foster City Preschool & Day Care Center